Seeing the Entire Problem And Creating Real Solutions
- One time consultation
- Allows for 1 hours of time via email, phone or Skype
- Follow up questions, as allowed
- Review of case history, laboratory data, radiographs, other imaging and video
- Review of diet, shoeing/trimming and other influences
- Consultation with review of findings, explanation of condition as presented and therapy options that may be considered including medications, herbal therapies, dietary changes, shoeing corrections and general lifestyle factors.
- Access to Dr. Schell, as needed, to review any specific case or multiple cases as they arise
- In-House Evaluation of your horse for those living in NC, VA, or SC.
- Full medical or lameness evaluation of your horse by Dr. Schell
- Diagnostic radiographs, ultrasound, laboratory blood work and other diagnostic tests are available at additional cost.
- Full evaluation, localization of the problem, diet evaluation with recommendations.
- Full foot evaluation, shoe recommendation or barefoot trims applied based on needs determined $150.00 for initial evaluation, not including diagnostics performed.
We are highly experienced in a wide range of conditions including:
- Joint Lameness/arthritis
- Soft tissue/tendon injuries
- Metabolic Conditions
- Eye conditions and Uveiti
- Gastric Ulcers/ Anxiety
- Poor performance
- Cancer Suppor
- Immune Dysfunction
We can help you to better understand your horse's current condition, by reviewing of prior radiographs, ultrasound images, laboratory testing and video or photo analysis, in combination with an assessment of current diet and training regimens. Taking this information together, we then look at the entire picture, not just the isolated problem, and create a plan moving forward using various modalities of therapy options.
We don't just manage the condition, we address the entire patient, searching and addressing all contributing factors, externally and internally. We utilize nutrition, exercise, foot/hoof balance analysis, and herbal therapy to get results.
Through our years of clinical experience and research knowledge, we can help you to better understand the health or lameness condition at hand, finding and applying new solutions for better management.
The information presented on this site and through consultations is not intended to replace a veterinary diagnosis or proper veterinary attention. Our goal is to supplement current regimens, helping to educate and provide a higher level of understanding regarding health in horses and companion pets, interweaving diet, nutrition and supplementation to achieve a higher level of success.