Who We Are
Our website address is: https://secondvet.com (“Site”)
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, email address and other personally identifiable information when you provide such information on the Site. The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Site. In connection with your order to purchase Services, we collect credit card or other financial account information. We also collect Personal Information from you when you access the Services and/or other parts of the Site and elect to provide Personal Information. For example, when you use the Services, we will collect data that you upload to the Site and/or information or content that you input or otherwise submit into your account. This includes financial information and other information such as a client’s or an animal’s name, the name of the clinic or veterinary practice that you or other users are associated with, photos and any health or treatment information.
When visitors leave comments on the Site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Site can download and extract any location data from images on the Site.
If you fill out and send a contact form on the Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you leave a comment on the Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Site and Services (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you use the Site we may automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. This Usage Data may be associated with your account. We may store such Usage Data itself and/or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Company affiliates, agents or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of users of our application or visitors to each page of our Site, etc. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Site and Services, and to enhance the Site and Services.
Information You Make Available to Others
By providing consent while using the Site, including creation of a profile, interacting with other users or submission of public queries, you may make certain of your Personal Information available to others, such as your name, your username, address or other contact information, information about your animal such as name, breed, discipline, or other information) or picture of you or your animal. This information may be accessed by users who use the Site and may be accessed by commercial search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, and Bing to the extent that such engines are permitted to access the Site.
Who We Share Your Data With
We may use your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided or in the ways that you authorize, including without limitation for the purposes described further below:
- Provision and Monitoring of the Services: We will use your Personal Information to provide you with access to and to support your use of the Services and to monitor your use of the Services. We will also give you the opportunity to store, review and edit Personal Information and other information on the Site.
- Provision of Information to Others: The Services allow you to grant others access to your information. We will grant access to whoever you authorize, so carefully consider your decision before choosing to allow someone access to any sensitive information.
- Surveys, Contests and Other Special Offers: From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in loyalty programs, surveys, contests and other special offers. If you elect to participate in these services, you will need to provide certain Personal Information.
- Questions and Requests: If you contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem.
- Contacting You About Other Products, Services and Events: If you opt-in, Company and/or third parties may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you.
- Research and Data Analysis: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site and the Services, Company may conduct research on its customers’ demographics, interests and behavior based on Usage Data and other information provided to us. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Company may share this data with researchers, business partners, publications, and other third parties. This information will not identify you personally.
- Service Improvement: We may use your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information and other non-personally-identifiable information collected through the Site and Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our users and to improve the Services.
- Order Fulfillment: We may use your Personal Information that you provide to fulfill any orders you may place for Services offered by Company.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our Site, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this Site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Processing In The United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that the laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Site, you agree that the applicable laws in the United States will govern the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications.
This Site adheres to GDPR compliance practices for all users in the European Union.
How We Protect Your Data
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and other information transmitted to us. We attempt to keep our Site and Services optimized for current browsers and you should always keep your browsers updated. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site, and you agree that you do so at your own risk.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
In the event our data security system is breached and the breach is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms, we will attempt to notify you and all relevant government agencies within 72 hours.